A collection of book reviews, suggested reading, and an ongoing chronicle of meeting minutes from a lively group of Austin-area women who meet monthly and discuss a chosen book, belly laugh endlessly, eat, drink, get a little crazy, and laugh some more.

Enjoy reading!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

An Apology for Sunday

That is Sunday Garza, not the day of the week. 

It was brought to my attention a few months ago that I have not written minutes or a blog about any of the book club meetings that have been hosted by Sunday.  I found that to be a strange accusation, then realized it was true. 

What happened?  Am I jealous of Sunday?  Threatened by her cooking?  Her ability to read any length novel in only one night?  Her magnetic laughter, that attracts pretty people from near and far?  Her.... popularity?

I have no explanation and no excuse.  And - I'm embarassed to admit - no memory of the latest meeting that was held at Sunday's house.  Well, I suppose I do have a FEW memories.  There was a fabulous Southwest hominy soup, pitchers of margaritas, and some discussion about an upcoming class reunion for Liberty Hill grads.  I know it was a fun-filled evening because they always are, especially when they're at Sunday's house.  The details are just a little blurry....

As a refresher, the book was The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.  It's Sunday's favorite book and I absolutely fell in love with it, too.  It was very different - members of the group either loved it or hated it.  I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it, but I do highly recommend reading this book! 

Thank you for hosting, Sunday.  And please accept my dearest public apology for flipping you the proverbial bird on all past parties hosted by you.  I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers